If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, we’d love to meet you.At Once Upon A Child, we offer:
You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view and print the application. Please print out the application and fill out by hand as Acrobat doesn't allow you to edit documents online.
POSITION: Assistant Manager
Assist Store Manager/Owner in managing and promoting all aspects of the business; including but not limited to buying, pricing, sales, merchandising, loss prevention, training and managing staff. Promote a high level of customer service and continually strive for innovative solutions and alternatives in bettering the business.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Assist Store Manager in meeting the following expectations:
1. Meet or exceed financial goals, focusing on sales and overall profitability.
2. Maintain controllable expenses within established guidelines. Process billing, invoices and related documents to ensure vendors and service providers are paid within the appropriate time frame.
3. Drive sales through the development of staff; focusing on coaching, training, and role modeling desired behaviors.
4. Support and execute all buys as per process efficiency guidelines. Manage all customer buys to ensure we maintain productivity and profitability standards.
5. Promote and role model a culture of positive customer service to everyone, every day.
6. Maintain merchandise and visual presentation standards on a daily basis.
7. Recruit, hire, and train associates for all store positions. Establish schedules; implement individual development plans, set productivity and performance standards for each associate. Complete and deliver associate performance evaluations in a timely manner. Create and maintain an environment of consistent and continuous coaching.
8. Ensure all inventory functions are completed as directed, including regular inventory counts. Receive merchandise and ticket in a timely manner. If needed, follow the appropriate back stocking recommendations.
9. Establish and maintain operational and monetary controls. Prepare daily bank deposits and perform daily/weekly auditing tasks. Report any discrepancies, theft, or suspected theft by employees or customers to the appropriate parties immediately.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or GED required. Some post-secondary education preferred.
2. 1+ years prior management and supervisory experience, plus 1-2 years retail sales experience, preferably in similar merchandise lines.
3. Strong leadership, organizational skills, and time management skills are critical.
4. Proven customer service skills and strong interpersonal communication skills required.
5. Sales and goal oriented.
6. Must have the knowledge and ability to utilize computers and related technology efficiently.
1. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours per day.
2. Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance. May involve heavier lifting with assistance of team member or cart/dolly.
3. Bending, rotating, and reaching customary to a retail environment; including receiving, pricing, and stocking/back stocking merchandise.
4. Exposure to typical retail environment and noise levels.
5. Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous retail experience and those available to work all shifts.